General Code of Conduct
GPSEG's founding doctrines are based on
- respect for others,
- non-discrimination and
- honest efforts to assist others
This Code of Conduct provides principles to which all GPSEG members are expected to adhere and advocate. They embody rules regarding individual responsibilities in dealing with members and with others outside of GPSEG.
All members of GPSEG will:
- Act in good faith, honestly, professionally and ethically;
- Gladly share contacts, knowledge and skills with other members;
- Respect the confidentiality of information or contacts acquired and be diligent and discreet in dealing with such contacts;
- Deliver on promises to fellow members in a timely and accurate manner;
- Respect other members by not promoting personal business interests with solicitations at meetings or other GPSEG events, or mass solicitations via e-mail, mail or telephone.
Business Development Policy
Members of the GPSEG often provide products or services which may be beneficial to other GPSEG members. GPSEG supports these members through our networking, and we encourage members to support each others' businesses and professional development. Adhering to the GPSEG mission and purpose, our business development policy protects the rights of all members to network freely within GPSEG. The rules below apply to all GPSEG members:
- There will be no mass marketing of business services to other members via any medium, including email, mail, or telephone/fax.
- Collecting email addresses and other data from the GPSEG website for intention of mass marketing is expressly forbidden.
- Passive website marketing is permitted (e.g., a website link included in an email signature)
- GPSEG meeting presentation opportunities are available to all members as long as they are content-based. No advertising or business promotion is allowed beyond contact information. Presenters will receive a speaker's agreement that provides guidance regarding GPSEG policies, practices and privacy procedures for acknowledgement prior to the presentation.
- Within all of the GPSEG Marketplace forums, business promotion is permitted. Within the GPSEG Online Marketplace forum, active website marketing is permitted. These forums are optional for GPSEG members.
- Using a social media application such as LinkedIn or Twitter, a GPSEG member can promote products or services to other GPSEG members who are also their connections or followers within the application.