Share Your Knowledge
Be Part of the GPSEG Speakers Bureau
GPSEG's membership includes senior-level executives with significant business experience and knowledge, representing a diversity of disciplines, positions, industries and professions in the Greater Philadelphia Region. Our subgroup and programming offerings include a wide variety and number of programs each month covering numerous business and professional development topics.
A new resource for GPSEG, the Speakers Bureau is a virtual community where individuals and groups can offer their speaking and training services to the subgroups and committees that plan programs and professional development offerings for GPSEG. Speakers who are accepted into the Bureau are validated by committee against a set of standards that qualify them to speak at GPSEG events. The goal is to ensure a high quality pool of validated and ready speakers to assist the leadership in planning their programs as well as provide subject matter experts the opportunity to develop and expand their credentials as speakers.
- All speakers must submit a speaker's application, and it must be approved by the Speakers Bureau Committee of GPSEG members. GPSEG member Todd Cohen chairs this committee and welcomes your questions.
- For GPSEG members who wish to be included in the Bureau database, members must have completed at least one year of membership and have attended at least 3 events.
- Speakers should have a proven track record on presenting on their topics and will be able to share references, video, or other media that supports their qualification as a presenter.
- Speakers will all have to abide by the rules of GPSEG on appropriate behavior regarding overt marketing to the membership at events.
- Please note: GPSEG programs rely on volunteer presenters and does not have the resources to provide honoraria to speakers.
- Interested parties will be asked to fill out a GPSEG Speakers Bureau Application (below).
- The Speakers Bureau Committee will review the application and contact the speaker for a meeting to review and discuss the application.
- The applicant will be asked to submit video and other validating speakers information (if available).
- The Committee will review all applications and reply to the Speaker regarding acceptance of their status in the Bureau.
- Speakers who are accepted should complete their GPSEG member profile (speaker profile if they are not a GPSEG member) so that their presentation topics and media are part of a searchable database.
Why Speakers will Benefit:
The benefit to a speaker is that you will be part of a searchable database from which GPSEG members will recommend speakers for GPSEG programs, highlight speakers who have received very favorable feedback from attendees, and refer speakers to their friends, networks, business colleagues and other organizations. Being known as a good presenter, instructor, and expert has tremendous value for any professional. While we welcome professional speakers to be a part of the Bureau, most participants will be professionals who are subject matter experts willing to share their expertise and are not by profession public speakers. The Bureau will help such experts with feedback on their presentations, opportunities for professional development regarding presentation skills, and validation that their content and expertise was well received.
GPSEG Speakers Bureau Application
Note: The application must be filled out in full in a single sitting; you will not be able to work on the form, save it, and go back to complete it later. Therefore, please review and gather the requested items before beginning the application. The last item requests agreement with the GPSEG Code of Conduct; please click the link to review the code on the GPSEG Web site.