Business Networking Roundtable #9
Hosted by Bill Borton
Thursday, September 29, 2016
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
1735 Market Street, 51st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Bill is hosting 12 GPSEG members to a business luncheon in the newly remodeled Pyramid Club. (Bill asks that you review the information below and register.)
As the Host, Bill will introduce all the participants to the story behind his firm –
W. R. Borton & Associates.
As a participant, you also will share the story of your business – strategy, target clients, business development techniques, etc.
As a participant, you get the opportunity to develop 12 new “Brand Ambassadors” - each with a clear understanding of the value proposition of your business.
Overview of W. R. Borton & Associates
Americans are living longer, but not necessarily better. Many face the very real risk of outliving their assets because of rising healthcare costs, the need for long-term care or simply living longer than anticipated. How well these risks are managed can make all the difference between living a comfortable and confident retirement, or running out of money later in life.
At W.R. Borton & Associates, Bill and his team work with clients and their advisors to define their issues and preferences, craft a risk management plan and fund the plan with a broad array of insurance and/or annuity solutions. His clients tend to be high net-worth Baby Boomers. Bill serves as an independent risk management consultants and is typically paid by commissions.
Who should attend?
Bill’s IDEAL REFERRAL PARTNER is a trusted advisor (financial advisor, CPA/accountant, trusts/estates attorney) or anyone who provides services to HMW baby boomers (working, retired, business owners, etc.)
Bill’s reason for hosting the event is to network with those GPSEG members who can provide him with a referral to his IDEAL REFERRAL PARTNER.
Guidelines for Participants
A Business Networking Roundtable (BNR) event is a Member business-focused event designed to enable Members to share information about their business with other Members and for participants to learn about other Member businesses in a focused and moderated setting. The Business Networking Roundtable events are for Members who are in business and who wish to do business with other GPSEG Member businesses.
The purpose of the meeting is business networking and designed to be a better way to learn more in-depth knowledge about other Member’s businesses with whom participants may want to engage, collaborate and or recommend to their business network.
Instead of the usual 30 second “elevator pitch” participants will be given 3 minutes to answer the following questions which will help others understand their business and what it is that they are looking for:
1. What is your business?
2. What makes you different?
3. Who is your ideal client?
4. What is a good referral for you?
Participants will also be able to participate in a 20-minute discussion of a business challenge or topic of the Host’s choosing. Best practices, suggestions, experiences will be shared.
Participants will be principals, owners, partners or representatives of a GPSEG Member business. There is no limit to the size of the Member business. While many GPSEG Members are in transition and considering starting their own business, Business Networking Roundtable events may be attended ONLY by Members who have a recognized (registered) business entity. Participants will:
- Register for a specific Business Networking Roundtable event through the GPSEG website.
- Agree to the meeting guidelines and strictly adhere to them.
- Come to the meeting prepared to answer the 4 questions below for their Business.
- Act in good faith to support other Participants by providing assistance with contacts and or referrals as appropriate.
- Be members of the BNR Group that is maintained on the Causeway site.
- Be on time and stay through the end.
- Follow the directions of the Facilitator and stay within the time allotted.
- Extend professional courtesy to others by refraining from using phones, working on computers (other than taking notes) or texting during the meeting.
- Every effort should be made to avoid distracting other Participants during the meeting.
- Act ethically and in good faith with information and content of discussions that may take place during the meeting. Agree not to share information disclosed with Participants competitors.
- Follow up on commitments made to others during the meeting.
General guidelines for those who attend the
Business Networking Roundtable Events:
- Meetings will be posted under Events on GPSEG website and an email promoting the event will go out to GPSEG members as well. You will RSVP if you are interested in attending.
- Since attendance is capped at 12 for each meeting, only 12 will be selected from the RSVP list and invited to register/pay on line ($15).
- An email will be sent out by Maureen Waddington informing people if they have been selected and will provide a link to a web page where they can register and pay.
- In the event that a selected Member cannot participate in the event, the GPSEG administrative team will contact the next person on the waiting list and offer them the spot.
- A pre-prepared roster of attendees will be provided 24 to 48 hours prior to the event including names, contact information and general business description for each attending member. This will facilitate members researching other participants and seeking out those they want to be sure to meet at the event.
- Each attending member has an opportunity to make a very brief introduction (3 minutes) to the group – who they are, their business offering, how we can help them, etc.
- Following introductions, the remaining hour or so is for members to connect with other members that they want to get know better and to potentially pursue business opportunities with, share best practices with, etc.
- Tables will be available for members’ business literature to be displayed.
In the event that a registered Member is not selected to Participate in the event, they will be contacted by the facilitator of the event with an explanation as to why the Host did not select them for their event. The registration for that Member will be cancelled.
Any GPSEG member interested in hosting a Business Networking Roundtable should contact Fred Taffer email@example.com or Charley Timmins (cjt@SixFigureCareerMastery.com) for information.