“Influencing Your Audience”
Featuring, Ken O’Quinn:
Corporate Writing Coach, author of Perfect Phrases for Business Letters and Writing With Clarity
Business leaders often need to win the hearts and minds of an audience, whether it is employees, investors, colleagues, or a prospective employer. It is not enough to have a good idea or to make a simple request; you need to move people to accept your position, which often requires overcoming resistance, convincing those sitting on the fence, or swaying the skeptics.
Influencers understand the tactics that that behavioral psychologists have found to be successful in motivating people to act, to believe, or to change their opinion. In this interactive session, you will learn techniques you can use to tailor your approach in a given situation to move an audience toward your point of view.
Here are highlights of what you will take away:
· How people judge credibility and how you can strengthen yours if people don’t view you that way
· How you can open a message when the audience is resistant or indifferent
· Where you should position key information when you are presenting options
· How you can hold attention throughout a message or speech and influence the audience’s thinking
· How to use three emotional triggers to move your audience toward your point of view
About the speaker
Ken O’Quinn is a professional writing coach and the author of Perfect Phrases for Business Letters (McGraw-Hill). After a journalism career with the Associated Press, he started Writing With Clarity and now conducts on-site workshops in corporations and global public relations firms.
His clients include GE, Dell, Chevron, Visa, UPS, Campbell Soup, Motorola, Oracle, Intel, Reebok, Raytheon, Sprint, John Deere, EMC, Dunkin’ Brands, Best Buy, and the Gap.
Ken has been a guest speaker at international conferences, and his writing has appeared in the Harvard Management Communication Letter and the Journal of Employee Communication Management.
This month we are co-sponsoring Sales and Marketing Subgroup with the Business at Daybreak Subgroup AND GPSEG YOU will be held immediately afterward.